Thursday, May 29, 2014

Have the Courage to Live the Life You Want

This is my first post in my first blog.  "Pancakes For Parents" is twofold.  I hope to use this to share some ideas to help parents get through those 'sticky' issues that come up with children (and maybe help address concerns with school), while also keeping you posted on my own personal journey of book publishing. That's what this first post is about.  Wait...stay with me!  Read on...

As parents (I have 3 wonderful children, just in case you forgot or didn't know), we really lose sight of living the life we want to live for ourselves as we give all that we have to our kids.  I've had this children's book idea in my head for about 10 years. My kids and I have experienced  losses of many grandparents who were very dear to us.  I recently had some time to put those ideas on paper (or laptop) and send them off to a publisher.  The book received favorable reviews and I was faced with meeting the publisher.  The meeting went well and the publisher was knowledgeable, considerate, and helpful.  However,a decision to sign had to be made. Nerves got a hold of me so...I went to Starbucks, of course!  It was there that I encountered Oprah, so to speak.  Now, I'm sure you have your feelings about Oprah, but see her words of wisdom below...


Of course, this was just the wrapper to my grande skinny caramel macchiato, but it was exactly the encouragement I needed to say YES to the publisher.  We are moving forward with my book, Pancakes With Papa.  It is scary.  It is risky.  It might fail.  But it might succeed!  It is something I want to do for me, after raising two kids, while still working on raising my third one (she's still a little young). 

In the last two weeks, I have talked with 2 friends who are in a somewhat risky career shift or they are taking a chance and making a change in their life.  Good for them!  They are living the life they want, with courage.  I think I am too.  How about you?    


9 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this great news and I WILL BE FOLLOWING this blog! We all need wisdom as parents and I love how you think:) Wishing you SO MUCH SUCCESS as you move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carina...and please offer your insight as well! You have much to offer our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, I wish you much success!! Cant wait to read it!! Love the title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized you may not know me by my "name" so I changed it. LOL
      Best of Luck!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be following your blog! Can't wait to get your book to put it on Charlie's shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! I'm so proud of you! Charlie is lucky to have you as his mommy! ;)

      Delete